- “Injuries Are The Result Of Coaching Incompetence.” Radio CaptainU Interviews Raymond Verheijen, Dutch soccer coach.
- The “Ten Percent” Rule For Runners: Fact or Fiction?
- The Heat Is Still On. Pay Close Watch For Heat Illness In Football
- Everyone’s Sore This Week. Is That OK?
- Establish a Preseason “Chain Of Command” About Youth Sports Injuries
- Cathy on Building A Winner On Field and Off. Radio CaptainU Interviews Northwestern University Head Football Coach Pat Fitzgerald
- sujoy on Predictors Of Elite Performance In Endurance Athletes?
- Artificial Grass San Diego on Do We Really See More Injuries On Artificial Turf Compared To Natural Grass?
- Marina on Don’t Skip The Preparticipation Physical Exam
- shayne on USA Hockey’s Development Model Forges A New Pathway
- Heat Illness
- In the News
- Sideline Sports Doc Miscellaneous
- Sports Science
- Tips and Training
Monthly Archives: July 2012
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc I’ve been reading many pre-Olympic articles with great interest, and I’ve always been fascinated with new technology or training methods used to allow athletes to reach their highest potential. Can some … Continue reading
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc The “sports physical”, formally known as the preparticipation physical exam (PPE), is an important part of an athlete’s summer regimen. Most high schools require a preseason physical exam but one of … Continue reading
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D. President, Sideline Sports Doc How many times have we all watched in disbelief as our own child did something on a sports field that we thought was totally unimaginable? How many times have we openly … Continue reading
Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc In last week’s post we discussed recognizing signs of heat illness. Today we will briefly discuss an even more important strategy–preventing dehydration and possible heat illness through a good hydration strategy. Start … Continue reading