- Hamstring Injuries: What To Do, What To Expect, What’s On The Horizon
- ACL Surgery In The Growing Athlete: Save The Growth Plates
- Sports Nutrition (Including The Wonders Of Chocolate Milk!) Radio CaptainU Interviews Nancy Clark, Internationally Renowned Sports Nutritionist.
- Throw Like A Pro: Dr. James Andrews’ iOS App Hopes To Save Young Arms
- CrossFit for Kids: Good Potential, Just Be Careful
- Cathy on Building A Winner On Field and Off. Radio CaptainU Interviews Northwestern University Head Football Coach Pat Fitzgerald
- sujoy on Predictors Of Elite Performance In Endurance Athletes?
- Artificial Grass San Diego on Do We Really See More Injuries On Artificial Turf Compared To Natural Grass?
- Marina on Don’t Skip The Preparticipation Physical Exam
- shayne on USA Hockey’s Development Model Forges A New Pathway
- Heat Illness
- In the News
- Sideline Sports Doc Miscellaneous
- Sports Science
- Tips and Training
Monthly Archives: July 2012
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc I’ve been reading many pre-Olympic articles with great interest, and I’ve always been fascinated with new technology or training methods used to allow athletes to reach their highest potential. Can some … Continue reading
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc The “sports physical”, formally known as the preparticipation physical exam (PPE), is an important part of an athlete’s summer regimen. Most high schools require a preseason physical exam but one of … Continue reading
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D. President, Sideline Sports Doc How many times have we all watched in disbelief as our own child did something on a sports field that we thought was totally unimaginable? How many times have we openly … Continue reading
Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc In last week’s post we discussed recognizing signs of heat illness. Today we will briefly discuss an even more important strategy–preventing dehydration and possible heat illness through a good hydration strategy. Start … Continue reading