- Establish a Preseason “Chain Of Command” About Youth Sports Injuries
- Are You An Expert Performer? Radio CaptainU Interviews Joe Baker, Pioneering Canadian Researcher.
- The Crucial Importance Of Good Football Helmet Fit
- NCAA Concussion Statement Has Great Points For High School Athletes Too
- Hockey Helmet Ratings Coming Soon from Virginia Tech
- Cathy on Building A Winner On Field and Off. Radio CaptainU Interviews Northwestern University Head Football Coach Pat Fitzgerald
- sujoy on Predictors Of Elite Performance In Endurance Athletes?
- Artificial Grass San Diego on Do We Really See More Injuries On Artificial Turf Compared To Natural Grass?
- Marina on Don’t Skip The Preparticipation Physical Exam
- shayne on USA Hockey’s Development Model Forges A New Pathway
- Heat Illness
- In the News
- Sideline Sports Doc Miscellaneous
- Sports Science
- Tips and Training
Monthly Archives: March 2012
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc For quite some time now sports medicine professionals have believed that young pitchers should not throw curve balls due to the increased stress on the pitching elbow and the subsequent risk … Continue reading
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc Today’s post is a follow up to last week’s, and I am straying from our usual injury and fitness topics.Please bear in mind that what follows is one man’s opinion and … Continue reading
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc Specialization is common and accepted in most professions. At some point in time Einstein probably decided to focus on theoretical physics, Tom Brady focused on football rather than baseball, and YoYo … Continue reading
Confidence: One Guy Who Has It, One Guy Who Had It, and One Guy Who Lost It But Might Have It Back Now
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc Confidence is essential to successful performance in sports, or even just enjoyment from sports activities. Without confidence, athletes can find themselves paralyzed by fear, which can lead to poor performance or … Continue reading