- Hockey Helmet Ratings Coming Soon from Virginia Tech
- Hamstring Injuries: What To Do, What To Expect, What’s On The Horizon
- ACL Surgery In The Growing Athlete: Save The Growth Plates
- Sports Nutrition (Including The Wonders Of Chocolate Milk!) Radio CaptainU Interviews Nancy Clark, Internationally Renowned Sports Nutritionist.
- Throw Like A Pro: Dr. James Andrews’ iOS App Hopes To Save Young Arms
- Cathy on Building A Winner On Field and Off. Radio CaptainU Interviews Northwestern University Head Football Coach Pat Fitzgerald
- sujoy on Predictors Of Elite Performance In Endurance Athletes?
- Artificial Grass San Diego on Do We Really See More Injuries On Artificial Turf Compared To Natural Grass?
- Marina on Don’t Skip The Preparticipation Physical Exam
- shayne on USA Hockey’s Development Model Forges A New Pathway
- Heat Illness
- In the News
- Sideline Sports Doc Miscellaneous
- Sports Science
- Tips and Training
Monthly Archives: November 2011
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc Rule changes are pretty easy but changing attitudes and perceptions can be really hard. Just as we saw in fall sports such as football and soccer, hockey in particular is going … Continue reading
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc, LLC In last week’s post we spoke about how it’s important for the young athlete facing playoff pressure to bring injuries to the attention of the athletic trainer. In this weeks … Continue reading
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc, LLC As we near the end of the high school regular season for football an interesting pattern emerges that team physicians and athletic trainers have seen for many years: athletes start … Continue reading
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc Magnetic resonance imaging- otherwise known as an “MRI”- is a sophisticated imaging technique that gives us incredibly detailed pictures of bone, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, muscles, the spine, and even internal organs … Continue reading