- Establish a Preseason “Chain Of Command” About Youth Sports Injuries
- Are You An Expert Performer? Radio CaptainU Interviews Joe Baker, Pioneering Canadian Researcher.
- The Crucial Importance Of Good Football Helmet Fit
- NCAA Concussion Statement Has Great Points For High School Athletes Too
- Hockey Helmet Ratings Coming Soon from Virginia Tech
- Cathy on Building A Winner On Field and Off. Radio CaptainU Interviews Northwestern University Head Football Coach Pat Fitzgerald
- sujoy on Predictors Of Elite Performance In Endurance Athletes?
- Artificial Grass San Diego on Do We Really See More Injuries On Artificial Turf Compared To Natural Grass?
- Marina on Don’t Skip The Preparticipation Physical Exam
- shayne on USA Hockey’s Development Model Forges A New Pathway
- Heat Illness
- In the News
- Sideline Sports Doc Miscellaneous
- Sports Science
- Tips and Training
Monthly Archives: October 2011
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc In my sports medicine practice I’ve suspected that serious knee injuries to adolescents are rising but we haven’t had much evidence from scientific studies looking at long time periods. Several studies … Continue reading
By Kent Mercer, Head Athletic Trainer, De La Salle High School, Concord, CA Note: De La Salle High School in Concord, California has arguably the most successful high school football program in the country. The team, coached by Bob Ladouceur, … Continue reading
By Thomas Henry, MS, CSCS, SCCC Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton, CA In last week’s post we had an opportunity to discuss the benefits of static stretching for the young athlete. In today’s post Thomas Henry … Continue reading
By Thomas Henry, MS, CSCS, SCCC Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton, CA In last week’s post we had an opportunity to discuss the benefits of the foam roller for the young athlete. In today’s post Thomas … Continue reading