- “Injuries Are The Result Of Coaching Incompetence.” Radio CaptainU Interviews Raymond Verheijen, Dutch soccer coach.
- The “Ten Percent” Rule For Runners: Fact or Fiction?
- The Heat Is Still On. Pay Close Watch For Heat Illness In Football
- Everyone’s Sore This Week. Is That OK?
- Establish a Preseason “Chain Of Command” About Youth Sports Injuries
- Cathy on Building A Winner On Field and Off. Radio CaptainU Interviews Northwestern University Head Football Coach Pat Fitzgerald
- sujoy on Predictors Of Elite Performance In Endurance Athletes?
- Artificial Grass San Diego on Do We Really See More Injuries On Artificial Turf Compared To Natural Grass?
- Marina on Don’t Skip The Preparticipation Physical Exam
- shayne on USA Hockey’s Development Model Forges A New Pathway
- Heat Illness
- In the News
- Sideline Sports Doc Miscellaneous
- Sports Science
- Tips and Training
Monthly Archives: April 2011
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc, LLC In the last three posts we’ve covered water, sports drinks, and food choices. The essential theme in all of those was to choose the least processed and most natural foods … Continue reading
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc, LLC In this post I’ll cover some simple tips on what types of food to put in a young athlete’s body, and in the next post I’ll cover when to eat … Continue reading
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc, LLC In the last post I wrote about water- how important it is for human beings whether they are athletes or not, and how I think water has gotten an undeserved … Continue reading
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc Water seems to have gotten a bad rap lately. It used to be perfectly acceptable to drink water during sports events, but nowadays it seems that there is a big push … Continue reading
By Dev K. Mishra, M.D., President, Sideline Sports Doc Much of what we write about at our Sideline Sports Doc blog is devoted to young athletes, but we also need to recognize the need to build good health habits in … Continue reading